Gluten free cheesecake is one of the best desserts you will ever learn to make and taste! You would never guess this is gluten free – the crust is made from Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix, together with butter and pecans. It will blow you away!
This recipe is truly amazing and your family and/or guests will love it. If gluten is not a problem for you, then this recipe can be made with gluten by simply subbing regular yellow cake mix for the gluten free cake mix.
Gluten Free Cheesecake – Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 eggs
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium bowl, stir together cake mix and pecans. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
3. In bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch pan, press remaining mixture. Bake 10 minutes.
4. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; beat until well blended. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
5. Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
6. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in the refrigerator.
I made a variation on this where I substituted a few drops of maple extract for the pumpkin pie spice. Was amazingly delicious!
*Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars